The Klein Tools Voltage Tester automatically detects and indicates low voltage AC and standard AC voltage without coming in contact with the source. This can help with preliminary testing, tracking down broken conductors, and checking for energized wires, circuit breakers, lighting fixtures, switches, and outlets. The NCVT-2 not only saves you time and money, but also helps safeguard you from shock.
As a dual range device the NCVT-2 can detect low voltage (12-48V AC) and the standard voltage (48-1000V AC). Two modes are available to detect voltage. In NCVT-2 mode, the tester will be more sensitive and will show voltage at a further distance away from a high voltage source than in NCVT-1 mode. Use NCVT-1 mode in situations where you expect the voltage source will be greater than 48V AC.
The NCVT-2 Electrical Tester is Literally a Life Saver
Although other safety precautions are always encouraged when working around electricity, we hear our customers mention all the time that a quick sweep of the NCVT-2 saved them from touching unknown energized sources.
Two standard alkaline 1.5V AAA batteries are included and can easily be replaced. To help prevent draining a battery by accident, there is an Auto Power Off function that will turn of the device after 4 minutes of not being used. Klein also included a power button that requires you to hold it for a 1/2 second to turn on and off which helps prevent it from accidentally turning on when being bumped around in your tool bag or pocket.
Put This Voltage Tester in Your Pocket
Measuring only 5-1/2" x 3/4" x 1" in size, you can easily fit it in your tool box, pocket, or use the build in clip to put it in your shirt pocket. The bright LED indicators and audible sound alert you to the presence of voltage and the range of voltage that is detected. If the audio indicator is not needed, the tester can be operated with only a visual indication of voltage.
Pro Tip: The Voltage Tester is sensitive and may indicate voltage is present even when in your pocket due to static electricity build up.
Don't risk getting shocked when you can get the NCVT-2 at this great price and have a reliable voltage tester by your side!
Features of the Klein NCVT-2 Tester
- Batteries: Two alkaline 1.5V AAA (included)
- Drop Protection: 9.8 ft. (3 m)
- Frequency Range: 50-500 Hz
- Height: 1.0'' (25 mm)
- Overall Length: 5.5'' (140 mm)
- Pollution Degree: 2
- Safety Rating: CAT IV (1000V)
- Voltage Range: 12-1000 V AC
- Automatically detects and indicates low voltage (12-48V AC) and standard voltage (48-1000V AC) allowing broad application.
- Non-contact detection of standard voltage in cables, cords, circuit breakers, lighting fixtures, switches, outlets and wires.
- Non-contact detection of low voltage in security, entertainment, communications, environmental control, and irrigation systems.
- High intensity, bright green LED indicates the tester is operational and aids in illuminating the workspace.
- Digitally controlled ON/OFF power button.
- Auto power-off feature conserves and extends battery life.
- Microprocessor controlled low-battery indicator.
- CAT IV 1000 Volt rating provides expanded operation and protection.
- Lightweight, durable polycarbonate plastic resin construction; convenient pocket clip.
- 9.8 ft / 3 m drop protection
- Safety Rating: CAT IV 1000V
- Conforms to CE requirements
Manuel -- Quebec, Canada
Five star [5/1/2018]
Jack -- Sewell, NJ
Excellent price, got free shipping, great product! A+++ all around! [4/25/2016]
Danilo -- san lorenzo, CA
Great item , best price, free shipping, got here fast, thanks alot! [2/24/2014]
Wayne -- Raleigh, NC
Great tool. 5*****. Very quick shipping. Thanks [1/9/2014]