MultiScanner® i320 OneStep® quickly and easily locates the edges and center of wood and metal studs and joists behind walls, floors, and ceilings. It also locates metal targets up to 3 inches (76 mm) deep. A 3-mode switch makes it easy to change functions, while the display screen, SpotLite® Pointing System, and audio tone all indicate the location of the target. The signal strength indicator helps to distinguish between shallow and deep targets.
- Stud Scan mode locates the edges and center of wood or metal studs up to 3/4 inch (19 mm) deep
- DeepScan® mode doubles the scanning depth to 1 1/2 inches (38 mm)
- Metal mode detects ferrous metal, such as rebar, up to 3 inches (76 mm) deep
- WireWarning® detection indicates the presence of live, unshielded electrical wire up to 2 inches (51 mm) deep in stud and metal scanning modes
- ACT™ (Auto Correcting Technology) automatically corrects common user errors, such as when scanning begins over a stud