The Greenlee 501 Tracker II is designed to locate the path and depth of buried cable, service wires, metallic pipe or conduit and locate the end of a cut cable.
The Greenlee 501 consists of:
- 501T Transmitter
- 501R Receiver
- 500CA Carrying Case with Inductive Antenna
- CS16 Cord Set
- IC-1 Inductive Coupler
The transmitter is housed in an aluminum case and is powered by eight (8) 1.5V AA batteries. The transmitter has an on/off control knob which is also used to adjust the output level and a light emitting diode (LED) indicating the battery condition. In addition, the transmitter has an automatic shut-off feature after 1.5 hours of non-use. Effective range is greater than 4000 feet in length and for depths up to 7 feet.
The receiver is encased in an aluminum housing, mounted with an antenna and is powered by one (1) 9V battery. Like the transmitter, the receiver will automatically shut itself off after 1.5 hours of non-use. The receiver has a speaker for listening to the signal, a meter for monitoring the signal level, a headset jack, an on/off volume control knob and an antenna for detecting the tone over the cable.
Carrying Case with Inductive Antenna
The case is used for storing and transporting the Tracker II system and is constructed of vacuum formed polyethylene. The case also includes an easy, quick reference operation guide on the inside of the lid.
An 8 foot pair of leads with plugs and clips is included for connecting the transmitter to the cable or pipe.
The inductive coupler induces a tracing tone on a cable, wire or pipe by clamping
Features of the Buried Line Locator:
- Traces the path and determines the depth of wires and metallic pipes on active or dead systems without having to deactivate the system
- Lightweight receiver provides audible and visual indications of signal strength
- Transmitter output and receiver sensitivity are fully adjustable for maximum accuracy
- Transmitter offers three methods of connection: direct, inductive coupler and inductive antenna
- Includes transmitter assembly, receiver assembly, inductive coupler (clamp), built-in inductive antenna, two 8' (2.4m) test leads with heavy-duty alligator clips and durable polyethylene case
- High frequency transmitter provides range up to 4,000' (1,219 m) and depths up to 7' (2 m)
- Receiver is 32 IN long (813 mm)
- Battery operated (eight AA and one 9V battery is included)
- Molded carrying case included
Greenlee 501 Specifications:
- Automatic Shut Off : 90 MINT Transmitter And Receiver
- Battery Life :
- Transmitter - 30 HR Nominal
- Receiver - 10 HR Nominal
- Construction :
- Transmitter/Receiver-Powder Coated Aluminum
- Case-Vacuum Formed Polyethylene
- Dimensions : 33.50 IN X 8.250 IN X 3.750 IN
- Power Requirement :
- Transmitter - (8) AA batteries
- Receiver - (1) 9V battery
- Replacement Part : 501T Transmitter, 501R Receiver, IC1 Inductive Clamp, CS16 Transmitter Cord Set, 500CA Case with Antenna
- Transmitter Frequency : 447.5 KHZ
- Transmitter Power : 40 Vp-p (140 MILW) Maximum
- Voltage Protection : 240 VAC/500 VDC
OSCAR -- Glendale Heights, IL
I am a hundred percent satisfied thank you [4/30/2014]