The Master Lock 1178 is a resettable combination padlock that is tough and reliable. This ProSeries padlock is designed for use in commercial or industrial applications that require a little more security. The 1178's deadlocking mechanism is designed to be resistant to prying, shimming, and cutting.
The Master Lock 1178 is Known for it's Strength & Durability
The body of the padlock is 2-1/4in wide and is die cast for strength & durability. The shackle on the 1178 is thicker than your average lock and you should double check that the diameter will work for your application. The shackle is 1-1/16in tall, 3/8in round/octagonal, and made of boron-carbide for ultimate cut resistance. Need a new combination? Not a problem with the Master Lock 1178!
Choose the 1178 for Versatility!
Over 10,000 unique combinations are possible with the padlock, and you can change it whenever you need to. You'll love that you don't have to carry around keys for all your locks anymore. You can also temporarily give access to someone, then change the combination when they are finished. Our customers also find the lock useful to create different zones of security that give groups of people access to specific locations and not others.
Buy several 1178's today and make them all the same combination for easy access to all your property, or make them different for extra security at all your locations.
The Lock 1178 Resettable Pro Series is Commonly used for:
- Utility Meters, Substations & Cable Boxes
- Construction Sites & Equipments
- Industrial, Storefront & Business Gates
- Manufacturing Environments
Features of the Master Lock 1178 Resettable Padlock
- ProSeries® resettable combination locks are designed for Commercial/Industrial applications
- Set-your-own 4-digit combination for convenience and security; 10,000 possible combinations - No reset tool required
- Large ergonomic dials with exclusive blind feature permit operation with gloves, in low light or complete darkness
- Deadlocking mechanism protects against prying, shimming and rap attacks
- Shackle seal and dial dust cover protect internal components and dials for trouble-free operation
- Best used for utility meters, substations, cable boxes, construction sites and equipment, industrial gates, storefront gates, and business gates, and in manufacturing environments.
- Shackle Length: 1 1/16" (28mm)
- Shackle Diameter: 3/8" (10mm)
- Shackle Inner Width: 15/16" (24mm)
- Body Width: 2 1/4" (57mm)
Dietrich Schwecke -- Great Falls, MT
Shank is heavy and probably not easily cut by thieves. Easy to set the combination. Rubber dust cover over dials doesn't fit snug, so doesn't provide good protection against blowing dust and rain. Number dials turn easily. A good lock for the price. [5/24/2019]
Kyle -- Louisville ky
5 star review [4/26/2019]
JUSTIN -- Victor, NY
Yet again, the folks at HNS under promise and over deliver. Great business model more should follow!
Thanks again! [4/1/2016]