he Sidekick T&ND is a multifunction test set that will improve any technician’s testing and trouble shooting capabilities on twisted pair. It uses digital technology to combine VOM and loop current tests, longitudinal balance (Stress Test), transmission and noise, open locator, and load coil detection into one easy-to-use test set. The test functions can be selected and used individually, or run automatically by using the innovative Autotest. Autotest can perform 22 consecutive individual diagnostic tests and displays a test summary when completed. Test results are displayed on a 4 line, 20 character, digital LCD display. This eliminates meter interpretation errors and provides the user with a clear numerical readout.
Greenlee 1144-5000 Sidekick Tester Features
- Easy-to-read digital LCD display
- Internal Dialer for making Transmission Test connections
- Autotest - performs 22 individual tests at the touch of a button
- Determines the stressed noise susceptibility of dry and working pairs
- Measures AC/DC Volts, Leakage, resistance, and loop current
- Performs circuit loss, circuit noise (metallic noise), and power influence tests
- Built-in open meter
- Locates up to 4 load coils
- Single set up for Tip-Ring, Tip-Ground, and Ring-Ground tests
- Field replaceable test leads
- On-screen display of "LOW BATTERY" when batteries are near failure
Sidekick T&ND also includes Tempo’s patented Stress Test and Leakage Test. Stress Test measures the audible noise produced on a pair when it is “stressed” as a result of a 90 dBrnC longitudinal excitation. The Stress Test determines the capacitive and series resistance balance characteristics of a twisted pair at any point along the pair. It can detect imbalances that other test sets miss and is highly effective in identifying series resistance opens (high joints). The Leakage Test detects intermittent resistance faults that do not appear under normal VOM tests. When a faulted pair is taken out of service, galvanic action forms an insulating oxide layer over the fault(s). When returned to service, such pairs develop “noisy static” in a relatively short period of time. The Leakage Test uses 135 Volts to “punch through” the oxide layer and reveal the fault.
Greenlee Communications 114-5000 Sidekick T&ND Tester Specifications
- AC Voltage: 300 Vrms max.
- Circuit Loss: +1 to -15 dB
- Circuit Noise: 0 - 75 dBmC
- DC Voltage: ± 300 Volts max.
- Dimensions: 10.750 IN x 4.250 IN x 2.500 IN
- Leakage: 100 Megohm max.
- Load Coil: Up To 4
- Loop Current: 0 - 100 mA
- Open: 0 To 60 kft.
- Power: Four AA Batteries
- Power Influence: 40 - 100 dBmC
- Resistance: 1 Megohm max.
- Stress Balance: 0 - 82 dBmC
- Sub Brand: Sidekick
- Type: T And ND Series
Order this Greenlee 1144-5000 Sidekick T&ND Tester today!